Embark on a journey to Machu Picchu that transcends time – as we gracefully usher you to the doorstep of the iconic Wonder of the World. As you traverse the tracks, be a spectator to nature's grandeur, enveloped in the luxurious ease of your voyage. We will ultimately whisk you away to embrace Machu Picchu's awe-inspiring majesty. Don't merely observe; immerse yourself in this celestial pilgrimage and ensure you do not forfeit the chance to partake in this once-in-a-lifetime odyssey!
Upon landing at Jorge Chavez International Airport in Lima, embrace the vibrant heartbeat of the city with our curated 2-hour city tour. From your hotel, our pick-up service will seamlessly guide you through Lima’s streets, unveiling the beauty of its main monuments and colonial masterpieces.
Immerse yourself in the city’s rich history, where every edifice tells tales of conquests, revolutions, and ancient civilizations. Lima welcomes you to explore its secrets with each step—a journey through past and present architectural wonders, marking the commencement of your exciting adventure!
Embark on a 3:30 am adventure as we pick you up from your hotel for a journey to Paracas, a coastal gem where the desert meets the sea. Explore the rugged contours of the Paracas Peninsula on a boat ride, followed by a delightful lunch at the enchanting Huacachina Oasis.
Huacachina is not just a culinary delight; it’s also a hub for thrilling sandboarding, perfect for thrill-seekers and first-time adventurers. As the day concludes, bid farewell to the oasis and head to Ica for an overnight stay.
Embark on a mysterious journey to Nazca, a 2.5-hour drive leading to the Nazca airport. A 30-minute flight unveils the colossal figures etched into the earth – monkeys, hummingbirds, trees, parrots, astronauts, canines, and condors, mysterious messages from an ancient civilization!
As the sun sets, the adventure ramps up with a thrilling sand buggy trip and sandboarding escapade. Concluding the day in Huacachina, we set forth on the journey to Arequipa.
Embark on a guided tour of Arequipa, commencing around 6 am, unveiling the city’s architectural wonders and cultural gems.
- Plaza de Armas: Begin at the heart of Arequipa, Plaza de Armas, surrounded by majestic architecture narrating the city’s storied past.
- Cathedral of Arequipa: Enter the grandeur of the Cathedral, an exemplar of Spanish colonial architecture, echoing with centuries of history.
- Church of the Company: Explore the sublime beauty of the Church of the Company, a masterpiece blending Baroque and mestizo styles, revealing Arequipa’s cultural fusion.
- Old Jesuit Temple: Journey into the past at the Old Jesuit Temple, a sanctuary echoing with prayers and devotion, showcasing intricate craftsmanship and religious artifacts.
In the afternoon, relax at your hotel, and the night is yours to rest or continue exploring the charm of Arequipa!
Embark on an early pilgrimage to “Cruz del Condor,” a vantage point for witnessing the majestic flight of the world’s largest bird in the morning sky. Explore charming towns like Yanque, Coporaque, Achoma, and Maca nestled in the Colca Valley, each reflecting traditional Andean life. Admire colonial churches, interact with locals, and soak in the cultural richness. As night falls, board an overnight bus to Puno, traversing the vast landscapes of the Andean highlands.
Embark on a journey to the unique Uros Islands, where communities thrive on floating reed islands. Immerse yourself in the Uros way of life, discovering their ingenious craftsmanship and resilience. Next, venture to Taquile Island, where time seems to stand still amid terraced landscapes and vibrant textile traditions. Explore the island’s living tapestry of Andean culture and engage with locals. As the day unfolds, appreciate and purchase handicrafts carrying the spirit of Lake Titicaca. Conclude the adventure by boarding a night bus for the return journey to Cusco.
Experience the rich history and culture of Cusco in the afternoon with a captivating journey through its treasures:
- Cathedral of Cusco: Begin at the grand Cathedral of Cusco, a colonial masterpiece blending art and spirituality.
- Qorikancha and Santo Domingo Convent: Explore Qorikancha, the revered Temple of the Sun, showcasing the synthesis of Inca and Spanish influences.
- Sacsayhuaman: Ascend to the mighty Sacsayhuaman, an Inca fortress offering panoramic views and showcasing architectural prowess.
- Qenqo, Pukapukara, and Tambomachay: Visit Qenqo’s ancient ritual site, Pukapukara’s “Red Fortress,” and Tambomachay’s water fountains, steeped in Inca history.
- Abra Malaga Mountain Descent: Descend from Abra Malaga Mountain (4350 m) on a thrilling 3-hour mountain bike adventure, weaving through rural communities, rivers, orchards, and streams.
- Huamanmarca Region: Immerse yourself in the natural rhythm of the journey as you reach the picturesque Huamanmarca Region.
- Private Bus to Santa Maria.
- Rafting Adventure from Santa Maria: For adrenaline enthusiasts, Santa Maria serves as the starting point for an exciting rafting adventure.
- Hike to the Resort (For Those Not Rafting): If rafting isn’t your preference, a guided hike from Santa Rosa ensures a seamless journey to the resort Bella Victoria.
- Riverbank Journey and High Forest Ascent: Enjoy a 2.5-hour exploration along meandering riverbanks, ascending into the high forest with glimpses of modest coffee and cacao plantations.
- Panoramic Views of the Urubamba Valley: Revel in panoramic views of the Urubamba Valley from the summit.
- Qellomayo Lunch and Bus to Lucmabamba: Head to Qellomayo for a delightful lunch and continue the journey to Lucmabamba by bus.
- Llaqtapata Ruins and Lodge Arrival: Take a 2.5-hour walk to the Llaqtapata ruins, experiencing tangible history amidst lush greenery. In the evening, arrive at the Llaqtapata lodge, offering views of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Hike to Ahobamba River: Enjoy a scenic 1.5-hour hike down to the Ahobamba River.
- Bus to Santa Teresa and Hot Springs Break: Relax in the rejuvenating hot springs of Santa Teresa after a direct bus journey.
- Zipline Adventure: Thrill awaits with an exciting zipline adventure post-refreshing break.
- Trek to Aguas Calientes: Resume the journey with a 3-hour trek through the Inca forest, spotting waterfalls, eco farms, and Andean animals along the rail track.
- Night in Aguas Calientes: Arrive in Aguas Calientes around 5 p.m. Settle into your hostel and enjoy dinner with a briefing on the upcoming morning tour to Machu Picchu.
- Free Time in Aguas Calientes: Explore the charming streets of Aguas Calientes at your leisure after sundown, immersing yourself in the town’s unique atmosphere.
- Sunrise Hike at Machu Picchu: Experience the ethereal beauty as the sun graces the ancient stones, creating a communion with the spirit of the Inca civilization.
- Guided Tour and Free Time: Unfold the wonders of Machu Picchu with a 2-hour guided tour, followed by free exploration of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Huayna Picchu Trek (For Those Who Booked): Those who booked the Huayna Picchu trek embark on a 2.5-hour ascent with ancient staircases and breathtaking vistas.
- Return to Aguas Calientes: Bid farewell to Machu Picchu, returning to Aguas Calientes for reflection and relaxation.
- Train to Ollantaytambo and Return to Cusco: Conclude your journey with a train ride to historic Ollantaytambo, followed by the final leg back to Cusco in the evening.
The day begins with a seamless transition from your hotel to the Cusco International Airport, where the journey back to Lima awaits.
- Hotel Pickup
- Transfer to Cusco International Airport:
- Return Trip to Lima
Included / Excluded
To help you plan your trip, we have put together a list of what's included and what's not included in your tour package. This will give you a clear understanding of what to expect and help you make any necessary arrangements before your journey begins.